I put the Scrivener novel I am using to document LambTracker up on GitHub as a separate repository. It seems to be working well for tracking changes I make.
Monthly Archives: December 2014
Lots of Clean-up
I’m doing a lot of code clean-up and fixing the GitHub Repository. I am also adding the manual into GitHub although I am writing it in Scrivener. Up next is attempting to create a repository for my SQLite queries.
The model I am moving to for branching and development is described here:
Hopefully it will make the code a bit easier to understand for new people.
Some LambTracker Bugs
We just finished sheep experiment week. We are working with the USDA on developing non-surgical AI procedures for sheep. Last year we successfully used LambTracker to collect a lot of data during the week on insemination depths, estrus characteristics etc. However, since then I had added the days in age calculation to the Evaluate Sheep function and did not test that the custom evaluations still worked. So LambTracker failed during the inseminations. I didn’t have time to debug it then but I do now and I need to do some re-writing of the days in age code to get it working again. I re-used a cursor I thought was not being used at all and that caused all sorts of database errors.
I am also adding a lot of the desktop functions to create and set breeding records, both the ram side and the ewe side that I did by hand last year. So far that is working fairly well but it’s slower than I’d like to get the data all in correctly.